Use 10" scraps from the stash or that pretty layer cake bought at a show to make this gorgeous bed quilt featuring the traditional Buzz Saw block. I have used vintage prints and a solid white for a fresh and modern look, but bright primary colours on a dark background would look just as stunning!
Finishing at approx. 50" x 57" (127cm x 145cm) this quilt would comfortably fit a single bed or make a lovely large lap quilt. This 5-page full-colour pattern includes easy-to-follow instructions, piecing diagrams and a layout plan, plus Helping Hand hints and links to my online tutorials will help you along the way.
To make this quilt, you will need;
• Twenty-one 10” squares in co-ordinating prints
• 2.4m of background fabric
• Cotton thread for piecing and machine quilting – I recommend 50wt Aurifil thread, available here
• 54” x 72” backing and wadding.
• 40cm binding fabric
• Basic sewing kit including a sewing machine (with a quarter-inch foot and a walking foot), pins & needles and scissors.
• 12” quilter’s ruler, mat and rotary cutter – you can also use a standard quilter’s ruler, but the 12” is easier.
• 12” rotating cutting mat, again this is optional but very helpful
This listing is for the paper version, which will be posted to the address you provide at the checkout.
If you would prefer to purchase the PDF version of this pattern, for instant download, please click here.
This pattern is not intended for commercial use, please do not distribute without permission.